Niagara Region Transit undergoing transition period for updated fare structure starting Jan. 1
Niagara Region Transit is busy getting ready to roll out its upcoming changes to a new consolidated transit system in Niagara, starting Jan. 1, 2023.
Although riders will not experience any changes to bus routes and schedules as well as OnDemand and specialized transit services, they might see a change in fares and technology helping to align transit fares and services across Niagara.
Leading up to the new consolidated transit system, a transitional period is needed to align transit fares. Transit riders are encouraged to take note of the following changes:
- The last day to purchase monthly/30/31 day passes is Dec. 10, 2022.
- The last day to purchase existing 10-ride passes is Dec. 27, 2022.
- One-ride and day passes will continue to be available up to December 31, 2022
- Transit users can begin purchasing passes in-person on Dec. 28, 2022; however, the passes cannot be used until Jan. 2, 2023.
- Transit users cannot purchase passes on the Transit app for the new harmonized fare structure until Jan.1, 2023.
For more information, please call 1-833-NRT-LINE (1-833-678-5469) or contact us using the online form with your questions.