Navigate Niagara and get on board with these apps.
Where buses don't reach in Niagara, the NRT OnDemand app is your solution to get around.
OnDemand Transit: Rider App>
Fort Erie Only
If you need to get around Fort Erie, the OnDemand Transit: Rider App is tailored just for you.
The Transit App is for riders using fixed-route buses in Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Thorold and Welland, as well as those travelling between municipalities using regional transit buses.
- Download the app on your mobile device through the App Store or Google Play
- Tap "Buy Tickets" and select a fare product for purchase
- Tap on the fare ticket and number of tickets you want to purchase and continue to checkout
- Proceed to payment
- Create an account (including payment information) or sign in to your account
- Tap "Add a payment card" to add your payment information
- Once a card is added to the account, select it to make a purchase
- Your purchased ticket/pass will appear on the bottom of the screen
Activate your mobile ticket/pass:
- After purchasing your mobile ticket or pass, you must activate it before you travel
- On the "Activate" button, choose the ticket or pass you wish to use
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Enter a destination and tap Directions.
- At the top, tap Transit.
- To select a preferred mode of transportation and route, tap Options
- Scroll to find transit options and times. Tap a route for directions.
The OnDemand Transit App is for riders using ride-sharing services in Grimsby, Lincoln, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Pelham, Port Colborne, Thorold, Wainfleet and West Lincoln, as well as those travelling between municipalities using regional OnDemand transit services. Fort Erie riders can use this app for regional OnDemand transit services only. Riders travelling within Fort Erie must download the OnDemand Transit: Rider App (see below).
Niagara Region Transit Plus
Specialized and OnDemand
The NRT Plus app provides specialized and on-demand services in Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Thorold, and Welland.
- Download the Niagara Region Transit Plus app on your mobile device or go to the website on your desktop
- Create an account or sign in to your current account
- Add the pick-up and drop-off location.
- Proceed to payment.
OnDemand Transit: Rider App
Fort Erie Only
The OnDemand Transit: Rider App is for riders using ride-sharing services in Fort Erie using OnDemand Transit.
- Download the OnDemand Transit: Rider App on your mobile device through the App Store or Google Play
- Add the Fort Erie Transit system by entering the transit code: FETRANSIT and click “add transit”
- Create a new account and sign in.
- Choose pick-up and drop-off locations.
- Book your ride.
- Cash/Debit/Credit is accepted to purchase a single ride or a day pass (day passes can be printed for you by the driver). Passes can be purchased onboard the bus by your driver.